Rwanda Revenue Authority is seeking to recruit self-motivated, qualified person to fill the post of HEAD OF LEGAL AFFAIRS DIVISION ( 1 position)
The post is on Grade: 8
Under the supervision of the Head of Deputy Commissioner for Legal and Board Secretariat department, Head of Legal Affairs Division is responsible for handling court cases, drafting and reviewing tax legislation, interpreting tax laws and provides legal advice to RRA staff and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates the activities within the Division;
- Represents the Authority before Courts of Law;
- Ensures amendment of tax laws is effected;
- Interprets international, regional laws and conventions;
- Ensures legal advice is provided on contracts between RRA and other contracting parties,
- Ensures taxpayers receive proper information on tax legislation by revising all information or education material regarding Domestic tax and Customs legislation;
- Ensures correspondences brought to the attention of the Legal Affairs Division are promptly responded to;
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- At least 5 years experience in relevant technical administrative field;
- Interpret and apply laws;
- Write law amendments;
- Communication skills.
- Computer skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should download the job application form from the Rwanda Revenue website; www.rra.gov.rw Job application letter addressed to commissioner general :attach an application letter,a well filled RRA job application form,curriculum vitae,a copy of national identity card,copy of degree and all academic transcripts as per the required qualification should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10/05/2018 at 5:00 pm
Download Head of legal_affairs_division.pdf