Recruitment of a REGIONAL DEPUTY TEAM LEADER -Since 2012 SKAT Consulting Ltd is implementing the project known as PROECCO (Promoting off–farm, Employment and income in the Great Lakes Region through climate responsive construction material Production) funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC). The project is implemented through three coordination offices, one in Kigali City, a field coordination office for the Lake Kivu Zone in Kamembe,
Rusizi District, responsible for the zone along Lake Kivu in Rwanda and also for South Kivu in RDC, and Another office in Bujumbura, Burundi. The overall aim of the project is to minimize the impact of building Material production on the environment while improving the livelihoods and working conditions of Workers in the building material sector. The Project implementation involves a range of stakeholders, namely entrepreneurs in the building material sector, rural men and women employed in the sector, raw Material suppliers, business service providers, national level and local authorities, vocational training Institutions and other stakeholders.
In this context, Skat-PROECCO is seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of a REGIONAL
DEPUTY TEAM LEADER responsible for supporting the Regional Coordination team in program and
- Responsible for supporting the Coordination and Project Teams in meeting overall project
Timelines and objectives.
- Support the Team Leader in strategic project planning, steering and overall programme coordination Activities;
- Close supervision of monitoring and reporting;
- Replace the Team Leader during absences;
- Coordination of activities with local and regional partner organizations across the zone of Intervention;
- Responsible for internal coordination and communication with field offices;
- Contributions to planning and reporting; Beginning of the assignment: May/June 2018
General qualifications required:
- Degree in business administration, development studies or international relations;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Experience with report writing and Monitoring and Evaluation procedures;
- Experienced in sustainable development in African countries particularly in the Great Lakes Region; Experience in the management of a multi-disciplinary programme;
- Personnel management skills;
- Experience working on donor projects in conflict zones;
- Experience with capacity building and coaching of small and medium enterprises;
- Background in urban planning and development (planning, construction, real estate
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a management position within an interdisciplinary team.
Duration of Assignment
The successful candidate will sign a contract for the position of Deputy Team Leader for the duration of the current second phase of the PROECCO project, which started in July 2016, and will end in June 2019.
There is a possibility for extension as the project is intended to run for two more project phases.
Deadline for Submission of Application Eligible and interested candidates should submit a letter of application and a detailed CV in electronic format with your name and “PROECCO Deputy Team Leader” in the subject line no later than May 19th to: Skat Consulting Rwanda, P.O. Box 1017, Kigali, Rwanda, attn. Ms Fatou Dieye; email: firstname.lastname@example.org